Fenton was of a firm belief that the global printing industry, although significantly impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic, would bounce back with the correct approach and forward thinking for the new normal!
This belief was not without putting in place sustainable strategic efforts at the very onset of the pandemic.
It is therefore not surprising and very welcoming to FC Group and our partner Kodak that at the end of the first quarter in 2021, amidst the challenges posed by Covid, we have closed eight major new hardware sales encompassing five Kodak Achieve Platesetters; two Kodak Trendsetter Platesetters; plus, a Kodak Nexpress Eco SX Digital Colour Press, some which are in the process of being shipped and the others, at least 3 currently being installed in Ghana and Nigeria. Added to this is of course the ongoing consumable revenue for all these devices.
As a business and a team, we have all had to adapt, rethink, reflect, remain ready and dynamic, let go and move along with the new reality. We quickly developed better team cohesion using Microsoft Teams, interacted more effectively with our customers and quickly came up with creative solutions with our partners to meet the needs of our customers.
• We reacted and responded quickly to new researched leads or that passed on by partners
• We nurtured and moved these leads quickly through our sales funnel
• We created effective weekly communications to all our customers and leads via email, WhatsApp and on our social platforms
• Our ability to support our clients remotely using our unique technology, has been key to keeping all our clients fully supported
• We took on new regions and agencies to be proactive and be ready to bounce back.
We have paid particular attention to working closely with our partners to offer special equipment and service bundles thus promoting greater flexibility in supporting our customers' needs, wherever possible.
We will be releasing more news and stories on some of our customers who, by responding to the unfolding crisis, either through preparedness of their existing CTP systems through FC Group’s effective service promise or by upscaling with new equipment purchases at the right time, have managed to position themselves to benefit from the new opportunities presented by the changing business reality.